Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I’ve lived life as a shy girl with a free spirit. There were many things I wanted to do in life, but I let my fears keep me from doing them. Somedays I wished I could just wake up fearless and ready to achieve all the dreams that were in my heart. But life doesn’t work that way, sometimes to really live the life of your dreams, you have to go on a path of discovery. And that’s what inspired me to write a Discovery List.
The definition of music to my ears is something that is pleasant or gratifying to hear or discover. I’ve always loved this saying, hence my the name of my blog. Imagine a life that was the epitome of this saying! I see it as a life that follows the perfect rhythm; a rhythm you just want to get up and dance to! And so I give you the Discovery List; a journey of self-discovery, pushing past your fears, and doing things you never thought you could. Learn, grow, dream, discover!
- A discovery list is a list filled with 100 or more things you want to do in your life. It’s your dreams, your goals, and your fantasies.
- This list is broken up into 10 sections; Self, Relationships, Home, Aspirations, Fun, Learn, Dare Yourself, Travel, Contribution, and Overcoming Fear
- It’s a blueprint to your life and your path to self-discovery.
- It’s a daily guide to who you want to be.
- It gives each day purpose and direction.
- It’s the ultimate to-do list!
It’s all about pushing past your fears to get to your dreams and discovering who you really are! I invite you to write a discovery list too! When you write your list, I want you to take time and think about what you want in life, what are your dreams? What fears are keeping you from a happy life? It’s YOUR life, live it to the fullest!
For a long time, I let life pass me by, but there comes a time in a gal’s life when it’s time to let go, and live. To be honest, most of the things on my list totally scare me, and some aren’t even in my control! But that’s what life’s about and that’s why I chose them. Some of them are my dreams, some are goals, some are weird, some are funny, some are shameless, and some are out of this world! Most of them are way out of my comfort zone and some I may never achieve, but at least I know I tried. I’m going on this path of discovery and I’m inviting you to come along with me.
(10+ things you want to do this year to take care of yourself, show yourself love, feed your soul, improve your health, and set your spirit free!)
- Grow my hair to waist length
- No tv for a month
- Start painting again
Go on a juice cleanse Create a morning ritual– CHECK! Write a letter to my future self– CHECK!
- Learn about my ancestry
- Go to Barbados and finally meet my family there
Do 1 random act of kindness a day
(10+ goals and dreams you want to achieve this year.)
- Make a living doing what I love
- Inspire people to live life to the fullest
- Win some sort of trophy or medal
- Get my passport
- Write a book
- Go surfing
- Meet a blog reader in person
- Travel abroad for the first time
- Hoop in front of the Eiffel Tower
- Live by the beach
- Visit the Great Wall
(10+ fun things you want to do this year.)
- Write a song
- Simulate a day in the 60s
- See the rockets
- Visit a Ghost town
- Ride in a hot air Balloon
- Take a class for something I’ve never tried before
- Bike across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Go camping
- Go to the top of the Empire State Building
- Hike to the Hollywood sign
- drive atv’s
- Release lanterns
- Toboggan down the Great Wall
- Go to a flow arts retreat
(10+ things you want to learn this year.)
- Learn how to play the ukelele
- Learn how to be a New Yorker
- Learn how to do a split
- Learn a new language
- Learn how to Hold a handstand
- Learn a skill that will advance my career
- Learn watercolor painting
- Read a Book in 1 Day
- Learn how to whistle with my fingers
- Learn how to play the guitar
- Take a gymnastics class
(10+ things you want to dare yourself to do this year.)
- Go to a music festival
- Go Bungee jumping
- Hoop with fire
- Have a hula hoop performance
- Go to the airport and catch a random flight to somewhere I’ve never been
- Swim with dolphins
- Jump off of a cliff
- Get a nose piercing – CHECK! Click To Read About It!
- Do something new every day for a month – CHECK!
- live a day with no clocks
- Make everyday epic for 30 days
- Join the circus
- Sing I’m a tiny tiny bird in Mandarin
(10+ places you want to travel this year. Local, national, or abroad!)
- Go on a road trip down the PCH
- South Africa
- Visit the Redwoods
- Explore Big Sur California
- Go to the Grand Canyon
- Go to Bali
- See Niagara falls
- Visit salvation mountain
- Visit San Luis Obispo
- Travel around Australia
- Go to China
- Road trip through America
- Go to Barbados and finally meet my family there
(10+ things you want to do this year to help others and show some human kindness.)
- Stand on the street holding a free hug sign
- Plant a tree
- Host a meetup
- Give clothes to those who need them
- Feed the hungry on Skid row – CHECK!
- Volunteer abroad
- Create a product that benefits a cause
- Compliment 100 people on social media
- Promote people who are awesome on this blog
- Walk around and compliment strangers
Be Apart of a protest– CHECK! Read About it HERE!
(10+ things you want to do this year to push past your fears.)
- Speak in front of a crowd
- Ride a large zip line
- Go Skydiving
- Sing in front of people indie style
- Ride on a motorcycle
- Have a professional photo shoot
- Host a meet up
- Have an entire conversation in another language
- Hop on a plane to somewhere I’ve never been before
- Live in another country for at least a month
Bonus List + Extras- If life had no limits, what would you do?
- Visit every beach on the California Coast
- Sing “The Girl from Ipanema” in Ipanema, Brazil
- Hug an elephant
- Be apart of a flash mob
- Walk across abbey road with 3 friends- If you’re a fan of the Beatles, you get it!
- Give a homeless person an obscene amount of money
- Shake hands with a monkey
- take a picture of a Quokka
- Take a picture with a kangaroo
- Hold a baby lion
- Watch baby turtles return to the ocean
- Meet Oprah
- Get a horse and name her feather
- Start a farm
- Film a documentary
- Be on the cover of a magazine
- Be interviewed on TV
- Model for A large brand
- Sit on a beach and not be able to remember the bad things that have happened in my life, only the good!- Inspired by Jhene Aiko’s song “Eternal Sunshine”.
Tasks I’ve Achieved
- Start a blog CHECK!
- Touch a dolphin CHECK!
- Learn how to surf – CHECK! (Read about it)
- Go vegetarian- CHECK! (Read about it)
- Get dreadlocks- CHECK!
- Adopt a dog –CHECK!
- Visit the Statue of Liberty CHECK!
- Start my own business – CHECK!
- Get a gopro – CHECK!
Ok loves the challenge is set! Continue with me on this blog as I achieve these tasks on my discovery list one by one. I will post about my experiences showing that we can all conquer our fears and get to our dreams! I dare you! Write down 100 or more things you want to do in life and let’s achieve them together. Share your adventures, when you achieve something on your list snap a pic and use #mydiscoverylist. If you share your Discovery List on your blog please credit muzictomyears.com.
Living the Muzic to My Ears lifestyle is all about freedom. Freedom isn’t just some magical thing; it’s something we all have to work toward!
Live a life that’s Muzic to your ears!
So tell me loves! What’s on your discovery list ? Do you want to do any of the tasks on my list? Comment below.
Join the tribe and never miss a beat! Subscribe to MTME’s Weekly Newsletter. Stay inspired, stay healthy, stay happy, stay muzical!